The Happy Pear exists to inspire people to eat well, feel good, and live better. It started out back in 2004 with Steve, Dave, a tiny shop and a dream of helping people to eat more veg! The Happy Pear now consists of over 60 food products, a suite of online courses, two wholefood retail cafes & shops, a range of bestselling cookbooks, a farm, a roastery and a community of over 1 million people living healthier! The mission is still the same, to create a healthier, happier world and build community!
This role is for someone who has a passion for baking and a keen interest in sourdough bread and pasties. The ideal candidate will be someone who wants to grow their knowledge and skills in the overall baking process from start to finish. An interest in plant-based baking and a hard-working attitude is necessary.
The successful candidate will be an ambassador for The Happy Pear brand. They will take a warm approach to the role, and live our brand values of Passion, Excellence, Authenticity and Relationships.
Your duties will include:
- Baking fresh sourdough bread every morning using organic flours and produce.
- producing fresh pasties such as croissants, Pana Chocolate.
- Mixing large quantities of dough within a set time frame.
- Shaping sourdough loaves within a set time frame.
- Calculate and mix sourdough mother cultures for the following day with impeccable detail.
- Lifting and moving heavy bags of flour and buckets of dough.
- A strong focus on the quality and consistency of baked goods prepared and served at the Happy Pear bakery.
- Keeping the bakery to a very high standard of cleanliness at all times.
- Weighing up of ingredients for doughs, batters, fillings etc. using scales and recipes specifically in grams/ml
- Cleaning and putting away all baking equipment to a high standard at the end of every shift.
- Prepare garnishes and fillings for other baked goods.
- Keeping all stock filled up and ready for every shift.
- This role includes early morning starts and weekend work, candidate needs to be flexible with shift work from Monday – Sunday.
Nuts & Bolts
- Ability to do early mornings.
- Baking experience in a commercial bakery including experience with Sourdough Bread and Pasties.
- Previous experience using a pastry laminating machine.
- Be able and comfortable working alone as well as in a team.
- Flexible and able to manage multiple demands in a highly pressurised environment.
- Planning, problem solving and teamwork.
- Able to understand basic baking mathematics.
- A strong understanding of the sourdough process.
- Excellent oral and written English
- Local or able to travel to The Happy Pear, Church Road for early morning shifts.
- Being highly creative and a positive “can do” attitude
- A love for whole food is important..
- Passion, Energy and Enthusiasm.
- Passion for healthy food.
- worked with Vegan Pastries in the past.
To apply for this role, please send your CV to Hannah@thehappypear.ie
All candidates must be eligible to live and work in the EU.
*No relocation assistance will apply.
*The Happy Pear is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.