This is the Currabinny boys’ third contributing recipe and, as pesto-addicts, we can affirm that it is an essential at the house around Christmas time for dips, pastas, soups and sandwiches! Never tried a Kale, Cashew & Wakame pesto? Well now’s your chance.
KALE, CASHEW & WAKAME PESTO
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 60g Curly Kale, stalks removed
- 30g dried wakame, soaked in water and drained.
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 60g cashew nuts
- 3 tablespoons of rapeseed oil
- 60g of hard farmhouse cheese such as a Glebe Brethan or a good quality Gruyere or Parmesan.
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and whizz until well combined but not too processed.
- Add more oil to loosen up the mixture if needed.
- Add to pasta, soups or dollop atop a cracker.