We are hiring a baker to join our growing bakery team , located in our cafe in Greystones Co. Wicklow
This role is for somebody who eats, sleeps and breathes sourdough bread. We are really looking for bread enthusiasts and somebody who has a good understanding of the process from start to finish
. Your duties will include:
- Baking fresh sourdough bread every morning using organic flours and produce.
- Mixing large quantities of dough within a set time frame.
- Shaping sourdough loaves within a set time frame.
- Calculate and mix sourdough mother cultures for the following day with impeccable detail.
- Lifting and moving heavy bags of flour and buckets of dough.
- A strong focus on the quality and consistency of baked goods prepared and served at the Happy Pear bakery.
- Ensuring all HACCP documents are filled out daily.
- Keeping the bakery to a very high standard of cleanliness at all times.
- Weighing up of ingredients for doughs, batters, fillings etc. using scales and recipes specifically in grams/ml
- Managing the rotation of stock and labelling of all prepared food.
- Cleaning and putting away all baking equipment to a high standard at the end of every shift.
- Prepare garnishes and fillings for other baked goods.
- Keeping all stock filled up and ready for every shift.
- Support junior bakers in the team with their development.
- Communicating with the team on a regular basis regarding any changes in the bakery flow
- Cover for the Head Baker when needed, as well as assisting in other area on a rare occasion.
Nuts & Bolts
- Baking experience in a commercial bakery including experience with Sourdough Bread.
- Be able and comfortable working alone as well as in a team.
- Flexible and able to manage multiple demands in a highly pressurised environment.
- Planning, problem solving and teamwork.
- Able to understand basic baking mathematics.
- H.A.C.C.P training and certificates
- A strong understanding of the sourdough process.
- Full Clean Drivers License
- Excellent oral and written English
- Good Computer Skills
- Local or able to travel to The Happy Pear, Church Road for early morning shifts.
- Being highly creative and a positive “can do” attitude
- A love for whole food is important
- Passion, Energy and Enthusiasm.
- A desire to make the world a happier, healthier place
- An interest in a plant based lifestyle
To apply for this role, please send your cv to Hannah@thehappypear.ie
*All candidates must be eligible to live and work in the EU. *No relocation assistance will apply. *The Happy Pear is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.