Head Chef – Plant Based
We are hiring!!! We’re looking for a super energetic Head chef to help develop and grow our fully plant based menu.
If you have an interest in Healthy plant based Food, particularly organic and whole foods, then this could be the role for you.
. Your duties will include:
●Cooking 4 days per week at a minimum in Church Road, Greystones.
● Focus on the quality, variety and consistency of food prepared and served.
● Lead and set daily/weekly menus and ensure our food has enough variety whilst developing agreed sales targets and profitability.
● Establish high standards relating to food waste and making sure we are innovative enough to limit our waste within our menu development and every single day.
● Ensure that kitchen hygiene and food safety standards are maintained, making sure all QMS records and traceability requirements are completed as per standards set out by the Quality department
● Ensure that Health and Safety standards are followed in accordance with statutory provisions and full HACCP compliance.
● Undertake training as required to ensure continued development within your role.
● Ensure all kitchen staff are properly trained to fulfil their duties
● Ensure that the kitchen is properly equipped to fulfil the food preparation, assembly
and presentation standards.
● Manage all kitchen stock and fresh ingredients arriving from external suppliers and from Pearville in Kilcoole with exceptional detail in stock rotation.
● Ensure efficient forecasting and ordering of ingredients and goods
● Keeping a good record of allergens for every single recipe made in the kitchen and served to the public and having a good up to date knowledge of food intolerances and allergens.
● Manage appropriate rostering of kitchen resources.
Nuts & Bolts
o Formal Chef training/experience of a minimum of 5 years.
o H.A.C.C.P training and certificates
o Minimum 1 year’s experience with plant based food/menus.
o 5 years operation at Senior Chef level with experience of food costing.
o Excellent oral and written English
o Good Computer Skills
o Being highly creative and a positive “can do” attitude
o A love for whole foods is important
o Flexible and able to manage multiple demands in a highly pressurised environment
o Passion, Energy and Enthusiasm.
o Ability to take ownership and deliver to deadlines in a fast – paced environment
- A desire to make the world a happier, healthier place
- An interest in a plant based lifestyle
To apply for this role, please send your cv to Hannah@thehappypear.ie
*All candidates must be eligible to live and work in the EU. *No relocation assistance will apply. *The Happy Pear is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.