Quality Systems Manager
We are looking for an experienced Quality Manager to join The Happy Pear Team, This role operates within a dynamic and exciting team in a progressive environment. It works closely with a broad
range of key stakeholders including Production, Procurement & Supply Chain, and external suppliers.
Your duties will include:
●Obtain and maintain BRCGS certification for the site
● Maintenance and continual improvement of current FSMS to guarantee production of safe and legal produce to the correct specification
● Champion quality standards and legal compliance within the operations departments and other Happy Pear sites
● Conduct hygiene audits and monitor chill temperatures, management and closeout of non-conformances raised.
● Coordinate coaching, training and information to enable the different site departments to deliver their quality
and food safety role requirements to a competent level
● Lead quality incident investigations to establish root cause and corrective and preventative actions
● Lead all site activities to prevent and control all non-conformances, internal or external through quality processes
● Oversee the verification, maintenance and validation of process and quality control equipment
● Lead 3rd party accreditation standards for all external and internal audits for the Site and provide knowledge /
support to other Happy Pear sites
● Maintain good relations and keep contact with any regulatory bodies associated with the quality function
● Prepare reports to communicate outcomes of all quality activities
● Leader of Internal Audit, Traceability and HACCP teams
● Manage and execute all organoleptic and micro product testing
● Responsible for ensuring accurate management of all document control
● Supplier / Raw Material approval and management.
● Managing customer complaints.
● Work closely with the NPD team to ensure that product development trials and activities are introduced and managed in a controlled fashion
Nuts & Bolts
● 3rd level qualification in Food Science or a related discipline
● In depth knowledge (minimum 3 years) and experience in quality, food safety, microbiology, in an FMCG environment, preferably with ‘ready to eat’ foods.
● Strong people leadership skills and ability to integrate differing functional demands is essential.
● Proven people management skills with ability to flex styles to differing individual needs is essential.
● Strong knowledge of food production and legislation, particularly Reg 2073/2005 & Reg 1169/11.
● A high level of computer literacy and competency – Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Musgraves Zoom.
● Strong background in Food Safety and Quality Management Systems with BRCGS Audit experience.
● Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to drive continuous improvement.
● Proven ability to drive change and conformance in a varied and fast-paced environment.
● A passion for life and a desire to make the world a happier healthier place.
● Internal Auditor Training
To apply for this role, please click Apply Now at the end of the post.
*All candidates must be eligible to live and work in the EU. *No relocation assistance will apply. *The Happy Pear is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.