Over the last week we showed you how to sprout your own seeds so here’s a recipe you can use your first harvest on. This is beautiful colourful salad with an amazing dressing that gives it a real kick. The whole family will like this one!
1/2 red cabbage
1 yellow pepper
1 red pepper
2 handfuls of mangetout/sugar snap peas
60 g of baby spinach
30 g of sprouted beans
30 g of bean sprouts
5 g of dried arame seaweed
3 cloves of garlic
Half a thumb size piece of ginger
Juice of 1 lemon
75ml of Olive Oil
75ml of Sunflower Oil
40ml of Tamari
30ml of Liquid Sweetener
- Place the dried seaweed into a small bowl and cover with water to allow it to rehydrate
- Grate the carrot and cabbage into a large salad bowl
- Chop the peppers into fine slices and add to the salad bowl along with the mangetout/sugar snap peas, bean sprouts, sprouted beans and spinach
- Drain the seaweed and add to the salad
- Top with the sunflower and sesame seeds
- Dressing: Combine all of the dressing ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth!
- Pour the dressing on top of the salad and mix through… Boom..done!