If you’re looking for a delicious and light dessert to make this summer look no further, this bakewell tart is vegan, gluten free, grain free, dairy free and refined sugar free!
For the shortcrust pastry
150g buckwheat (gluten free) / flour of choice
75g coconut oil
2tbsp cold water
Jam/ Fruit Layer
250g fresh raspberries/ strawberries
100g coconut oil
110g maple syrup
125g ground almond
1 flax egg
1/2 tsp baking powder
50 flaked almond on top
- Preheat your oven to 180° Celsius.
- Line a small springform cake tin with greaseproof paper.
- Add flour, coconut oil and a pinch of salt to a bowl and massage with your fingers until all the lumps are one. The mixture should be of a light breadcrumb type texture.
- Add two tbsp water, and press the mixture together into a firm ball.
- Transfer the dough into the cake tin and press firmly into the bottom of the tin.
- Pop in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Next make your frangipane. Add the almond flour, coconut oil, maple syrup and baking powder.
- Combine the ground flax and water and set aside for ten minutes.
- Meanwhile, start mixing with your hands, add the flax egg when it’s ready. To make the flax egg combine 1 tbsp ground flax with 3 tbsp water and leave to sit for 10 mins.
- Finely chop your berries.
- Take the base out of the oven and cover with a layer of berries, followed by the frangipane mixture, then pop with the rest of the berries and a layer of flaked almonds.
- Pop in the oven and bake for 35-40mins.
- Leave to cool for about 15 minutes and enjoy!