BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH GINGER AND CHILLI
- 12 Brussels Sprouts
- 1 inch cubed of ginger
- 1 red chilli
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoon Tamari/Soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Black sesame seed to garnish
- Chop the brussels sprouts finely. Peel the ginger and chop finely. Deseed the chilli if want it to be milder and chop finely
- Take out a non stick wok or large non stick frying pan put it on the stove at high heat. Add the oil and leave it to heat up. Mix the tamari, sesame oil and honey together to create the sauce.
- Once the pan is hot add the ginger and chilli and fry for 1 minute then add the brussels sprouts and the sauce fry on high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH CRANBERRY AND CHESNUT
(takes 5 mins to cook, 5 mins to prep and serves 4 side servings)
- 250 g brussel sprouts
- 100g cooked chestnuts
- cranberry sauce
- 200g fresh cranberries
- 200ml orange juice
- 100ml agave
- 2 tb chia seeds
- Boil the kettle
- Fill a pot with boiling water and put on medium heat
- Clean and half the brussels sprouts and boil for 5 mins
- Once the sprouts are cooking in a medium sauce pan, add the ingredients for the cranberry sauce and bring to the boil on high heat. Stir regularly to avoid burning.
- The sprouts and the cranberry sauce should both be ready in 5 mins.
- Try not to over cook the brussels sprouts as when over cooked they tend to get more bitter.
- Remove the sprouts from the heat and rinse in cold water to stop cooking
- Cut the chestnuts into smaller pieces. In a large bowl mix the brussel sprouts, chestnuts and about ¼ of the cranberry sauce. Mix well and enjoy. This dish works both cold or hot. Add more cranberry sauce to sweeten.
- The extra cranberry sauce goes great on toasties with some avocado!
BRUSSELS SPROUTS CRISPS!!
- 250 g brussels sprouts
- 1 red pepper
- 1 red onion
- 2 tbsp oil
- Pinch salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- Pour the brussels sprouts, onion, garlic and pepper into the roasting dish and drizzle with oil.
- Massage the oil onto the veg, with particular attention to the brussels in an effort to separate the leaves (that’s how they go nice and crispy!)
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and chilli to taste
- Bake for about 20mins (until the brussels sprout leaves get nice and crispy)