We teamed up with our fellow Irish Healthy Human and No. 1 Best Selling Author, Rosanna Davison to bring you this fantastic sweet potato brownie recipe from her newly released book, Eat Yourself Beautiful.
15 pitted medjool dates
600g Sweet potatoes / two medium sweet potatoes
85g cacao powder
80g ground almonds
270ml unsweetened almond milk
50g chopped walnuts
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
100g buckwheat flour
1 tsp gluten free baking powder
Pinch of salt
Small bit of coconut oil ( for greasing your pan)
- Soak the dates in a small bowl of warm water for 15–20 minutes to soften (drain the water well afterwards)
- Preheat your oven to 210°C and lightly grease a 24cm x 24cm square baking tin with coconut oil.
- Steam the halved sweet potatoes for about 10 minutes, until they’re nicely soft.
- Place the steamed sweet potatoes into a blender with the soaked dates, cacao powder, ground almonds, walnuts, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt.
- Blend together until smooth and pour into a bowl.
- Next, fold in the buckwheat flour and baking powder until the mixture reaches a thick consistency
- Pour the mix into the greased baking tin.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes, until the top is nice and crisp
- Remove from the oven and allow to them to cool for a few minutes before slicing the brownies and tucking in!