Tomato Soup is a delicious, cheap and easy soup to make. It will warm your bones while you slowly eat your way through winter.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Onions
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Potatoes
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Tins of Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Litre of Veg Stock
- 2 Tsp of Salt
- 1/2 Tsp of Black Pepper
- A handful of Basil
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Finely chop your onions and add them to the pan.
- Finely chop you garlic and add this in too.
- Chop potatoes and carrots into small chunks and add to the pan.
- Add salt and pepper and stir well.
- Add tins of tomatoes and veg stock, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simer for 15-20 minutes (or until the potatoes are nice and soft).
- Add your basil and liquidise.