Every year more and more houses have a vegetarian or vegan sitting at the Christmas table, it can be stressful for the cook who has only ever had to serve one diet as there’s a bit of change in the ritual that is Christmas dinner.
BUT WE’RE HERE TO HELP!!
Our 12 days of Christmas is here to take the stress out of feeding your loved ones this Christmas we’re going to upload a delicious vegan Christmas recipe every day for 12 days.
Whether the whole house is vegan or just yourself this will make for big smiles at the dinner table.
We’ve started with Vegan Mini Wellington & Chestnut Sausage Rolls instant classics and sure fire family favourites they go even better dipped in pretty much all our Happy Pear Hummus and Pestos ( available in over 600 stores nationwide including every SuperValu ???????? )
- 100g cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 200g oyster mushrooms
- 1/2 a large onion
- 1 tbsp oil
- 150g pre cooked chestnuts
- 100g cranberries
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- Sunflower oil to brush over
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Add 1 tbsp oil to a pan on a high heat
- Once heated, add your finely chopped onion and garlic and fry for 1 minute
- Once the onion starts to golden add your chopped mushrooms and fry for 2 minutes
- Spinkle in a few sprigs of thyme and then the tamari and mix through
- Take off heat while you pulse your cashews in a food processor until the reach a breadcrumb like texture
- Add to the mushroom mix and stir through- first filling done!
- For the second filling- blitz together the chestnuts, cranberries, thyme, salt&pepper and garlic in the food processor until smooth!
- Chop your pastry in half lengthwise
- Take the first mixture and place along the centre of one half of the pastry in a long sausage-like shape
- Repeat with the second mixture
- Roll the mixtures into the pastry to cover and chop the into small rolls
- Place on a lined baking tray and brush with some oil
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and puffed up