Say hello to our heart warming belly hug of a soup. This is the ultimate soup season treat, packed with vitamin c and beta keratin it’ll keep you glowing through those cold dark evenings!
1 red kuri squash (small pumpkin)
100g red lentils
2 litres of water
Thumb sized piece of ginger
Toasted almond flakes and and chili flakes to garnish
- Chop your veg into similar sized chunks so they cook at the same speed.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to your pot and add your veg, also add 2 teaspoons of salt and 2 bay leaves.
- Let them sweat for 7- 8 minutes then add 100g of red lentils and 2 litres of water.
- Let this boil for 20 minutes and add 1 grated thumb sized piece of ginger and a few chopped sage leaves.
- Cook for another few minutes and then it’s ready to blend.
- Add some toasted flaked almonds and chili flakes to the top to give it a real kick!