Rhubarb is in season and that means one thing – rhubarb compote! This delicious and easy topping makes breakfast time extra delicious!
1 cup of oats
1 cup of rice milk
1 cup of water
7 medium stalks of rhubarb
1 nub of ginger
2 tbs liquid sweetener
260ml of water
- Heat a pan on a high heat.
- Finely chop the ginger and add the the pan.
- Remove the leaves from the rhubarb, finely chop and add the the pan.
- Roughly chop banana and add to the pan.
- Add your date syrup, and add water gradually, leaving the lid on the pan to contain the moisture.
- Leave to simmer for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. Don’t be afraid to add more water if it needs it!
- Serve on hot porridge with Cool Jim’s granola for a beautiful Irish brekkie.