Every year more and more houses have a vegetarian or vegan sitting at the Christmas table, it can be stressful for the cook who has only ever had to serve one diet as there’s a bit of change in the ritual that is Christmas dinner.
BUT WE’RE HERE TO HELP!!
Our 12 days of Christmas is here to take the stress out of feeding your loved ones this Christmas we’re going to upload a delicious vegan Christmas recipe every day for 12 days.
Whether the whole house is vegan or just yourself this will make for big smiles at the dinner table. These roast vegetable roasts are such a delicate beautiful addition to any meal, they really add value to the aesthetic of your dish and they’re really tasty too. We had such a nice moment making them it was like playing a board game or something, just a nice together moment chatting and comparing roses.
As good a Christmas activity as it is a delicious side.
- Spray oil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Clean the skin of both your sweet potato and beetroot
- With either a mandolin or knife, slice your veg into circular pieces of varying thickness- thinnest for inner rose and thicker for outside
- To make your rose, wrap the first slice around itself and continue wrapping mores slices around it
- Add hummus or other tasty filling to each cup of a muffin tray and then add your rose on top
- Sprinkle salt and spray oil over your roses
- Bake until nice and crispy- about 20 mins
- Leave to cool and then serve and enjoy!