Every year more and more houses have a vegetarian or vegan sitting at the Christmas table, it can be stressful for the cook who has only ever had to serve one diet as there’s a bit of change in the ritual that is Christmas dinner.
BUT WE’RE HERE TO HELP!!
Our 12 days of Christmas is here to take the stress out of feeding your loved ones this Christmas we’re going to upload a delicious vegan Christmas recipe every day for 12 days.
Whether the whole house is vegan of just yourself this will make for big smiles at the dinner Christmas Cake is undoubtedly one of the most traditional things to have in the house. Wether you put it away over the holidays or eat the last piece in July it’s a comforting filling dessert.
It usually take days to make but we decided to take all the fuss out and get it done in less than 3 hours!!
- 700g raisins
- 300g sultana
- 100g glaced cherries
- 400g red wine
- 200g coconut oil
- flax egg (4 tbsp ground flax& 12 tbsp water mixed and left sit)
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 150g ground almond
- 300g spelt flour
- zest of 1 lemon
- 150g chopped walnuts
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp clove
- Preheat oven to 140 degrees Celsius
- Add the sultanas, cranberries raisins and wine to a pot on a high heat
- Leave to stew and add the molasses mixing all the time and on a low heat once it boils
- Add the flax egg to a separate bowl and sieve in the ground almond, spelt flour and zest in the lemon
- Next add the walnuts, ground ginger, cinnamon and clove to the flour mixture and mix all together
- Once your fruit has been stewing for about 25 minutes add it to the flour mixture and mix through
- Add the mixture to a lined 9 inch springform cake tin
- Cook in oven for two hours and serve as you wish