Every year more and more houses have a vegetarian or vegan sitting at the Christmas table, it can be stressful for the cook who has only ever had to serve one diet as there’s a bit of change in the ritual that is Christmas dinner.
BUT WE’RE HERE TO HELP!!
Our 12 days of Christmas is here to take the stress out of feeding your loved ones this Christmas we’re going to upload a delicious vegan Christmas recipe every day for 12 days.
Whether the whole house is vegan of just yourself this will make for big smiles at the dinner Christmas Pudding holds so many memories for us and it’s always been one of those cakes that take a little bit of magic to make. There’s hundreds of years of traditions and techniques handed down through the generations on how to make the perfect one. We’ve made it as easy as possible for anyone starting off.
You can add whatever steps you want to this rock solid foundation to make the recipe yours.
- 200ml red wine
- 140g dark brown sugar
- peel of 1 orange chopped into fine strips
- peel of 1 lemon chopped into fine strips
- 80g coconut oil
- 420g sultanas
- 85g white flour
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 85g breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp molasses
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius
- Add 200ml red wine to a pot on a high heat along with the sugar
- Heat until sugar dissolves
- Next add in the mixed peel
- Add the sultanas, flour, mixed spice, breadcrumbs to a mixing bowl
- Add molasses to the wine mixture
- Combine the two mixtures along with the melted coconut oil in a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly
- Line the bottom of a bowl with baking parchment and add in your mixture
- Wrap the bowl in two layers of baking parchment and one layer of tinfoil and secure tightly with some twine
- Place in a water bath and then in oven for three hours
- Leave to cool and set on fire!