Every year more and more houses have a vegetarian or vegan sitting at the Christmas table, it can be stressful for the cook who has only ever had to serve one diet as there’s a bit of change in the ritual that is Christmas dinner. BUT WE’RE HERE TO HELP!!
Our 12 days of Christmas is here to take the stress out of feeding your loved ones this Christmas we’re going to upload a delicious vegan Christmas recipe every day for 12 days.
Whether the whole house is vegan of just yourself this will make for big smiles at the dinner Leave us a comment if you’ve never had a mince pie. I don’t think I know anyone who hasn’t they are so ingrained in our lives around this time of year and they’re so easy to make. As easy if not easier than buying them.
They’re such a treat and they just warm your heart
- 120ml port
- 80g coconut sugar
- 1 chopped orange with skin on
- 270g sultanas
- 100g dried cranberries
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp clove
- 1 sheet short crust pastry
- Icing sugar to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Add the port to a pot on a high heat
- In on top of that add the sugar and stir until it dissolves and bring to boil so the alcohol evaporates
- Blitz your orange in a blender and add to the sugar mixture
- Add in the sultanas, cranberries, ground ginger, ground cinnamon and clove
- Stew down for about 20 minutes
- Cut the pastry in circular shapes to fit your mince pie cases and cut stars to go on top
- Line your mince pie cases with the pastry and fill with the mixture, topping with the stars
- Bake for about 20 minutes and sprinkle with icing sugar to finish!