During the summer sometimes you can be at a loss for what to eat, the warm weather makes some of the heartier dishes to hot and heavy to eat. This vegan quiche is the perfect alternative, it’s light and fluffy and can be filled with any watery veg you want. It’s so easy to make and it stays together great so it’s perfect for a lunch box.
- 3 red onions
- thumb sized piece of ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 200g washed spinach
- 300ml water
- 200g firm tofu cubed
- 1x 400ml can chopped tomatoes
- 1 can of butter beans
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- cream from 1x400ml can coconut milk
- Blind bake the pastry in a quiche tin at 180 degrees for 10 minutes
- Add the gram flour to bowl and add milk, black pepper, smoked paprika and chilli and mix
- Dice onion, chop tomatoes and add to the mix
- Grate the courgette into the mix and whisk it all together
- Add the mix to the quiche tin and put back into the over for another 20 minutes or until firm in the middle!
- Serve with some salad and hummus!
Tip: for an extra punch of flavour add two tablespoons of our Lovely Basil Pesto!