We’re channelling our inner summer-camp-dinner-lady with these seriously juicy “Sloppy Joe” burgers! Full of flavour, but probably not ideal for a first date… We advise you invest in a bib for this one!
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 red onion
- 200g oyster mushrooms
- 3 tbsp tamari/soy sauce
- 1 X 400g tinned tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 X 400g tin of green lentils
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 heaped tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Gluten free or whole wheat hamburger buns
- For the toppings: Slices of avocado, kim chi/ sauerkraut, onion rings, hummus , vegan mayo
- Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic.
- Add 2 tbsp oil to the pan and put on a high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Finely chop the mushrooms and add to the pan along with the tamari.
- Drain and rinse the canned lentils and add to pan along with the smoked paprika, cumin, chili flakes and black pepper.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and tomato puree.
- Serve on top of burger buns and pimp out with your chosen toppings!