* The basic premise of how loaf cakes are made is that the dry ingredients are sieved together and the wet ingredients are mixed together separately and then they are combined together to make the batter.
* To make your flax egg, mix ground flax with the water in a mug/glass until well incorporated, set aside for 3-5 minutes to thicken.
* Using a sieve, sift dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
* For the lemon drizzle, mix the wet ingredients together, add the oil, milk, maple syrup, flax egg, lemon juice and zest together and mix well.
* Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients and mix well until it forms a nice viscous batter.
* Line a 2lb loaf tin with baking parchment and add the cake batter.
* Bake in the preheated oven for 40 mins. Give it an extra 5- 10 mins if needed, until a skewer comes out almost perfectly dry. Making sure not to open the oven door until the end of baking time as this can affect the rise of the loaf and cause it to deflate.
* For the lemon drizzle glaze, sift the icing sugar into a bowl, add the lemon juice, stir/whisk in the sugar until it dissolves. For a whiter thicker glaze simply add a little more sugar and for a clearer more runny glaze add more lemon juice or a Tbsp of water at a time to thin out the glaze. When the cake is baked and out of the oven, drizzle the sugar glaze over the cake while it is still warm. Allow to cool fully.
* Leave all cakes to cool fully and firm up before slicing (if you can!)