We are hiring!!! We’re looking for a super energetic (and awesome of course!) Head Chef to join our team! If you have an interest in Healthy Food, particularly organic and whole foods, then this could be the role for you.
The Head Chef will develop, cook and improve the food we serve in our main site in Greystones. They will work with the best possible ingredients, to inspire and support our team to make food that tastes amazing!
Your duties will include:
- Cooking 4 days per week at a minimum across in our Church Road, Greystones location.
- Focus on the quality, variety and consistency of the food we serve, that it proper represents The Happy Pear.
- Lead and set daily/weekly menus and ensure our food has enough variety and develop agreed sales targets and profitability.
- Establish high standards relating to food waste and making sure we are innovative enough to limit our waste within our menu development and every single day.
- Ensure that kitchen hygiene and food safety standards are maintained, making sure all QMS records and traceability requirements are completed as per standards set out by the Quality department
- Ensure that Health and Safety standards are followed in accordance with statutory provisions and full HACCP complience.
- Undertake training as required to ensure continued development within your role and of your team.
- Ensure all your kitchen staff are properly trained to fulfil their duties
- Ensure that the kitchen is properly equipped to fulfil the food preparation, assembly and presentation standards.
- Manage orders and all kitchen stock and fresh ingredients arriving from external suppliers and from Pearville in Kilcoole with exceptional detail in stock rotation.
- Ensure efficient forecasting and ordering of ingredients and goods
- Keeping a good record of allergens for every single recipe made in the kitchen and served to the public and having a good up to date knowledge of food intolerances and allergens.
- Manage appropriate rostering of kitchen resources.
Nuts & Bolts
- Formal Chef qualification ideally
- H.A.C.C.P training and certificates
- 8-10 years working chef and kitchen experience and ideally some experience with plant based menus.
- 5 years operation at Senior Chef level with experience of food costings.
- Full Drivers License
- Excellent oral and written English
- Good Computer Skills
- Being highly creative and a positive “can do” attitude
- A love for whole foods is important
- Flexible and able to manage multiple demands in a highly pressurised environment
- Passion, Energy and Enthusiasm.
- Ability to take ownership and deliver to deadlines in a fast – paced environment
- A desire to make the world a happier, healthier place
- An interest in a plant based lifestyle
To apply for this role, please click here
*All candidates must be eligible to live and work in the EU. *No relocation assistance will apply. *The Happy Pear is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.