The Happy Pear is a movement to create happier, healthier lifestyles and to build community.
We are hiring!!! We are looking for an experienced, energetic, customer-focused Site Manager to lead our flagship café and shop at Church Road, Greystones, Co. Wicklow
At The Happy Pear we strive to create an environment where our people can flourish and deliver a superior customer experience. As Site Manager, you will be passionate about our mission, live our brand values and lead a team by example whilst going the extra mile to make sure our guests have an amazing experience and leave wanting to come back again and again!
Reporting to the Head of Retail, the Site Manager of Church Road will be responsible for managing the end to end successful performance of our flagship site within the Happy Pear. The Site Manager will play a key role in assisting with the roll out of the Retail Cluster strategy in Church Road and be fully responsible for creating a high performing site with a highly motivated and engaged team that deliver an exceptional customer experience in our Church Road café and shop.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience of managing a large team of retail/hospitality staff and will have a passion for growing and developing people as well as offering world class customer service. They will ideally have a passion for working for a healthy eating brand.
Working in a fast-paced environment this role will demand an ability to be highly systematic and ordered as well as exceptional flexibility and adaptability to change.
Strong leadership skills will be essential including an ability to manage, coach, develop and inspire others.
Key Duties / Responsibilities:
- Managing the Church Road site’s end to end financial and operational performance.
- Ensuring the successful implementation and utilisation of the Vend system in Church Road.
- Fully responsible for ensuring all areas of stock control and waste management are being managed effectively.
- Managing safety and security within the store and facility as a whole and ensuring that staff are trained and current in terms of how to handle safety procedures.
- Ensuring customer service and quality are at the highest standards at all times.
- Leading a highly-effective team in day-to-day operations, training and coaching your team to ensure growth, development and performance excellence.
- Driving a culture of continuous improvement across the relevant teams leading by example.
- Ensuring the site has full compliance with Health & Safety / Food Safety / HACCP and other legislative requirements.
- Leading by example – flexibility and willingness to be hands on in all capacities when required.
- Ongoing training and development of Supervisors to ensure they too lead by example and cascade training on a needs basis
- Liaising with People Operations (HR) in terms of rostering, recruitment, performance management and any other needs as they arise.
- Acting as a Senior ambassador for the Happy Pear, its values and ensuring that these are embodied with the team.
- Driving a “think like a customer” culture across the sites in the Happy Pear.
- Other duties as may arise from time to time.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in the service industry to include 2 or 3 years people management experience.
- Strong leadership skills, internal communications and coordination skills
- Fully flexible in terms of availability and willing to work weekends is essential.
- Team player, dedicated and committed, strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to bring people with them as a leader and develop strong cross functional working relationships
- Strong commercial acumen combined with excellence in customer service
- Fun and energetic
- Understands the importance of teamwork and really wants to make a difference
- Hands on in their role / leading through doing and inspiring
- Love of fresh food and an interest in plant based would be ideal
- Ideally a wide breadth of experience in retail to include sales experience
- Some HR experience – managing people related issues.
*All candidates must be eligible to live and work in the EU.
*No relocation assistance will apply.
*The Happy Pear is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce
Closing Date: Friday 28th February 2020
If you wish to apply for this position please email your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]