We Are Hiring! We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard working and super-passionate Retail Head Chef to join The Happy Pear Team!
This is an opportunity to be part of a rapidly evolving business where our main goal is to create happier, healthier lifestyles and build community.
The Retail Head Chef will develop and improve our Retail Food offerings in accordance with our Future Food Vision. He / She will ensure that all food prepared, assembled and served in our Retail outlets meets the highest standards of quality, taste, freshness, variety and presentation within the industry for our Café/Restaurant food and beverages.
Working in a fast-paced environment this role will demand an ability to deliver excellence in food offerings that meet the highest standards within the industry and comply with all company, regulatory and legal requirements.
- Cooking 3 days per week at a minimum across our key sites in Greystones and Clondalkin.
- Focus on the quality, variety and consistency of food prepared and served at all
Happy Pear retail sites.
- Lead and set daily / weekly menus at each of the sites and coordinate same with
Head of Retail and Head of Pearville Operations – ensure food offerings give variety
and develop agreed sales targets and profitability in the retail cluster.
- Liaise with Operations and NPD when developing NPD café bulk and bakery lines
- Liaise with Operations and EME Cluster in respect of all food, kitchen and related
matters in Retail sites
- Establish waste standards for each Retail Kitchen and ensure same is managed
effectively, recorded and kept to a minimum.
- Ensure that kitchen hygiene and food safety standards are maintained, making sure
all QMS records and trace ability requirements are completed as per standards set
out by the Quality department.
- Ensure that Health and Safety standards are followed in accordance with statutory
- Undertake training as required to ensure continued development within your role.
Ensure all Retail kitchen staff are properly trained to fulfil their duties.
- Ensure that all kitchens are properly equipped to fulfil the food preparation,
assembly and presentation standards.
- Manage all kitchen stocks of ingredients and prepared bulk dishes from Pearville to
fulfil the daily/weekly menu demands.
- Ensure efficient forecasting and ordering of ingredients and goods.
- Manage and develop team of kitchen leads and ensure appropriate rostering of
kitchen resources at each of the 3 Retail sites
- In conjunction with Finance, establish and manage financial performance reports for
food at each of the Retail sites.
- Formal Chef qualification
- H.A.C.C.P training and certificates
- 10 years working chef and kitchen experience and ideally some experience with plant
- 5 years operation at Senior Chef level with experience of food costings.
- Full Clean Drivers License
- Excellent oral and written English
- Good Computer Skills
- Being highly creative with a positive “can-do” attitude
- A love of whole foods is a must
- Flexible and able to manage multiple demands in a highly pressurised environment
- Passion, Energy and Enthusiasm.
- Ability to take ownership and deliver to deadlines in a fast – paced environment
- A desire to make the world a happier, healthier place.
- A competitive remuneration package is on offer for this role
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected]
*All candidates must be eligible to live and work in the EU. *No relocation assistance will apply. *The Happy Pear is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.