If you are looking to take your health to the next level this year, then be sure to add sprouts to your diet. However, we don’t mean the vegetable that you traditionally find on your plate on Christmas Day, while those sprouts are good for you too, sprouted foods are living foods that are said to contain more nutrients than nearly all other foods!
What are sprouts?
How can sprouts benefit our health?
Some of the benefits sprouted foods can offer:
Due to their high enzyme content, sprouts can be great for aiding with digestion, as they help to break down food and improve the absorption of nutrients by the digestive tract.
Sprouted foods such as wheatgrass, contain huge amounts of vitamin C and chlorophyll (one shot is the equivalent to 1kg of juiced green vegetables!), so, alongside a balanced diet, they can be great for supporting the immune system.
How to eat sprouts
- In a yummy veggie salad; try out our Asian Salad recipe here.
- In a sandwich; one of our favourite toastie combinations is a slice of toasted rye bread, topped with our Happy Pear Sundried Tomato Pesto, some avocado, and a garnish of our Alfalfa Sprouts! Delish!
- Sprinkled on, or blended into soup
- Blended into a smoothie or juice
- Added to vegan sushi wraps; check out our vegan sushi ideas here
- Mixed into a vegan pancake or chickpea omelette; take a look at our vegan omelette here
There really isn’t much that you can’t add sprouts to! They are the perfect garnish on nearly all savoury dishes! A favourite snack of ours is some rice cakes or oatcakes spread generously with our Happy Pear Hummus, and topped with some of our Pea Shoots- epic!
Our Happy Pear Sprouted Products:
We have been running our sprout farm since 2009, where our team are passionate about growing the highest-quality certified organic sprouts, including Alfalfa Sprouts, Bean Mix, Hero Sprouts, Pea Shoots, and our Happy Pear Wheatgrass. These products are available to buy in our Happy Pear shops, SuperValu stores nationwide, and selected independent food stores.