Cold water swimming will change your life! Join our #SWIMRISE community!
Our interest in sunrises started when Dave’s elder daughter, Elsie, was a baby. Dave used to be out on the empty streets of Greystones in the early hours trying to walk her back to sleep. One summer morning he took a photo of the sunrise and shared it on Facebook. People went mad for that gorgeous view and so began our love of sharing sunrises!
Since summer 2016 we have been swimming at sunrise too! Now a community of like-minded, brave souls has developed and we meet at the beach every morning for our ‘morning wash’, followed by a huddle around a warm cup of tea and good chats.
Swimrise is a magic way to start the day and very symbolic too. As soon as our heads hit the water we feel so much more alive and connected to ourselves and nature. The cold sea is so bracing that our worries and stresses seem to disappear.
Why try a swimrise? There are so many benefits:
- Cold water shocks us back to the present moment, where we need to be!
- We get a wonderful feeling of gratitude for nature and for our tribe
- Cold water swimming is known to help with blood flow and brain function
- It helps you destress and relax as it helps calm the central nervous system
- Connection and community – we love our growing tribe
Out top 5 tips for embracing the water
- Do it with friends, it gives you accountability and support
- Get stuck in, just do it!
- If not near the sea then start with cold showers!
- Breath work is so important, check out the Wim Hoff method!
- Let go of any fear and just enjoy the experience, we always say that we may not like the person going in but you will love the person coming out!