The Happy Pear started out back in 2004 with a small veg shop and a big dream…
Dave & Steve had been travelling the world and as twin power goes, on opposite sides of the world they switched to a plant based diet within a week of each other. The Happy Pear seed was sown.
Fast forward 15 years and we have 3 cafes, a farm, a product range, a roastery, 3 online courses, 120 amazing employees and a community of over 1 million people eating more veg!
We are all about a healthier, happier world. We absolutely love rising early and heading to Greystones beach to catch the sunrise. We appreciate every day and really believe that the key to happiness is good health and a great support network. We love nothing more than inviting over the troops and cooking up a storm!
Passion feeds our purpose. We are proud of our commitment to energize and inspire our community to live a happier, healthier life.
We do what we say we’ll do in the right way. We value diversity and are true to ourselves. Real food, minimal processing made sustainable by honest people.
Excellence is our way of life. With everything we do, we do our best – with the best people, the best ingredients and for the best results.
People are at the heart of what we do. We are a family and a community who build trust and connection to make a difference.
IN A NUTSHELL
Number 1 Best Selling Cookbooks!
Retail Cafes Across Ireland!
Award Winning Plant Based Products
Amazing Pears On Our Team!
People In Our Community!
“Our people are the core of The Happy Pear!”
Today, we continue to grow, and along with our own efforts, we owe our success in no small part to our amazing people, or Pears as we like to be known. If you would like to join our passionate team of pears we’d love to hear from you!
“Our goal is to create a community built around health and happiness, in an environment people find enjoyable and where they feel supported in their efforts to make change.”
Our cafes provides solace, a place for like minds to enjoy good food and hang out, our books and online courses empower people to live happier, healthier lives wherever they are in the world and we’ve ongoing events to bring the community together in person!
Get involved in our community or online or join us for a swimrise! It’s no secret that we have long enjoyed a morning dip for some vitamin Sea. Years ago we invited our online community to join our next Swimrise on the promise of free porridge and tea and people came in their droves to our cafe. Close to 400 people gathered on a Sunday morning at 5AM to dip their toes in the Irish Sea and is the phenomenon that is SWIMRISE was born. Keep an eye on our social media for our next big splash!
Our Journey To A Happier And Healthier World!
- Released our third book “Recipes for Happiness” by Penguin in May 2018.
- Launched into the UK Market with 6 products in the first ever dedicated vegan aisle in a UK Supermarket
- One of the first cafes in Ireland to launch Tree Free cups
- Hosted our biggest ever Swimrise community event in aid of The Dublin Simon Community
- Featured on an episode of hit Netflix show Somebody Feed Phil with Phil Rosenthal
- We launched 9 new products making our range of all day meal solutions a total of 33 quality products
- Opened Pearville, a 14,000 sq/ft production facility in Kilcoole which also houses a TV studio, coffee roastery, and a fermentation kitchen
- Released our second book – “The World of The Happy Pear” by Penguin in May 2016. Won Ireland’s “Cookbook of the Year” Award in 2016
- Launched extended range of Happy Pear branded food products (additional pesto variety, 3 energy bars, 3 smoothies, in Supervalu and Centra stores nationwide
Our Awards – We Value Excellence And Being The Best We Can Be!
How Can We Help You?
Choose any of the options below to discover how the Happy Pear can help you cook quick and delicious veggie recipes, lose weight, skyrocket your energy levels and more!