v1_5, last updated 25 June 2021
The Data Protection Commission (‘Irish DPC’) defines a cookie as ‘small text files stored on a device, such as a PC, a mobile device or any other device that can store information. Cookies serve a number of important functions, including to remember a user and their previous interactions with a website. They can be used, for example, to keep track of items in an online shopping cart or to keep track of information when you input details into an online application form. Authentication cookies are also important to identify users when they log in to banking services and other online services. Certain cookies are also used to help web pages to load faster and to route information over a network”. You can find out all about cookies, how to manage them and delete them, and how to manage your browser settings, at dataprotection.ie and www.aboutcookies.org.
Opting Out & Changing Consent
You can change or withdraw your consent to the cookies we use at any time, in the ‘Cookies We Use & Your Consent Status’ section below you’ll find the cookies we use detailed and categorised. You can also opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites by
Installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Please note that if you manage your consent or your browser and third party settings to block cookies, some or all of the Website and Services may not have full functionality and your user experience may be impacted.
Cookies We Use & Your Consent Status
Strictly necessary cookies
- Stripe – This cookie is necessary for making credit card transactions on the website. The service is provided by Stripe.com which allows online transactions without storing any credit card information.
- Vimeo – Saves your preferences when playing embedded videos from Vimeo. This allows our website to remember parameters such as preferred volume or video quality. The service is provided by Vimeo.com.
- YouTube – Used to determine the optimal video quality based on your device and network settings.
Cookies we only use with your consent from our Analytical and Marketing Providers:
- Google Analytics – These cookies are set by Google Analytics which is a simple tool that helps us measure how users interact with our website. As a user navigates between web pages, Google Analytics records information about the page a user has visited, for example the URL of the page. The cookies themselves are used to ‘remember’ what a user has done on previous pages and interactions with our website. For further information please visit https://policies.google.com
- Facebook – This cookie allows us to measure the performance of our advertising on Facebook by understanding the actions people take on our website and to optimise ads based on collected data. For further information please visit www.facebook.com
- Opt-In Monster – These cookies store information on your last visit to our site and allow us to identify new vs. returning visitors for marketing purposes. For further information please visit https://optinmonster.com
- Klaviyo – This cookie is a marketing cookie for email marketing. We use this cookie to support our newsletters and to follow up leads via contact forms. For further information please visit www.klaviyo.com
Managing and Withdrawing consent
When you visit our site for the first time you’ll be greeted by our Cookie Notice. To manage your consent please click the Change what cookies are being stored link in the pop-up. If you change your mind and wish to withdraw consent simply click the Cookie Consent link in the footer section of each page and manage your preferences accordingly.
If you’ve any question you can always contact us at the address above or by email to privacy@thehappypear.