GLAMNILLA SHORTBREAD BISCUITS
- 170g plain white flour
- Vanilla pod, seeds scraped out
- 110g of butter diced and chilled
- 55g of caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Put flour in a chilled bowl.
- Slice open the vanilla pod lengthways and with the back of a knife scrape the vanilla seeds out of the vanilla pod.
- Add the cold diced butter with the sugar to the flour and rub them together with your fingers until the mixture starts to come together. The desire is to create a very short crumbly dough with very little moisture.
- Pat the dough into a flat disc, cover in clingfilm and chill for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface. the thickness should be quite thin, roughly around 3mm.
- Cut out shapes with pastry cutter of your choice, I personally like to keep things as simple as possible with a small round one.
- Arrange on a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Leave around a centimetre between each biscuit.
- Gather up trimmings, roll out and cut your shapes out again.
- Bake in the preheated oven for around 10 – 15 minutes, keep a very watchful eye on the biscuits as depending on the thickness they will brown very quickly. The desired colour is very light golden.
- Immediately remove from baking tray and arrange on a cooling rack.
- Dust very lightly with edible gold dust.