We are big fans of the work that James and William of Currabinny have been doing since launching their food business in March 2016. The guys certainly know how to whip up a tasty dish so we’re delighted to have them contribute their second recipe to the blog, and you’ll be pleased to know it’s a sweet and sassy “Glamnilla” shortbread biscuit recipe! Note: A glamorous apron should be worn when cooking this one. ????
GLAMNILLA SHORTBREAD BISCUITS
- 170g plain white flour
- Vanilla pod, seeds scraped out
- 110g of butter diced and chilled
- 55g of caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Put flour in a chilled bowl.
- Slice open the vanilla pod lengthways and with the back of a knife scrape the vanilla seeds out of the vanilla pod.
- Add the cold diced butter with the sugar to the flour and rub them together with your fingers until the mixture starts to come together. The desire is to create a very short crumbly dough with very little moisture.
- Pat the dough into a flat disc, cover in clingfilm and chill for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface. the thickness should be quite thin, roughly around 3mm.
- Cut out shapes with pastry cutter of your choice, I personally like to keep things as simple as possible with a small round one.
- Arrange on a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Leave around a centimetre between each biscuit.
- Gather up trimmings, roll out and cut your shapes out again.
- Bake in the preheated oven for around 10 – 15 minutes, keep a very watchful eye on the biscuits as depending on the thickness they will brown very quickly. The desired colour is very light golden.
- Immediately remove from baking tray and arrange on a cooling rack.
- Dust very lightly with edible gold dust.