Get in the FASTLANE for this new half marathon and 10km taking place on the 29th of September in Clondalkin, Dublin. We love a good challenge and a challenge means something different to everyone, it could be your first time or you could be going for a new personal best time!
The clue is in the name ‘FASTLANE’…. We believe that this race will be a flier. And guess what – our Happy Pear team will be at the finish line giving out goodies to all the competitors. Yeah! Here are 5 strong reasons to enter this new and exciting run
- This is an ideal training run if you are taking part in the Dublin Marathon in October. Test your training or do it as a long run.
- Early birds end on Friday 2nd of August at midnight. Get in early and save a fiver. Applies to both the half marathon and the 10km
- Why is it called FASTLANE? Well, the elevation for one lap is only 27meters over 10km. That is pretty flat. That’s like a 3 meter climb per kilometre. Easy!
- All finishers get a bespoke colourful snazzy medal and a training top to show off at the end of the race.
- It is going to be FUN. Don’t let the name fool you. This is not just for fast runners. It is for runners of all abilities. You guys can achieve your PB there too…
The race is located along the scenic settings of the Grand Canal and around the newly surfaced perimeter of Grange Castle business park. The Wheelworx FASTLANE route has that country feel on the edge of the city. It is a flat course with long straight lines. The 10km will do one lap while the half marathon will complete 2 laps. Parking is in the Mill Shopping centre so you can call into the Happy Pear in Clondalkin and say ‘hi’. We are delighted to be a sponsor and we have a team of Pears who are doing The Happy Heart and training hard for the race (some haven’t started yet). We will post some more stuff about how to prepare for the race. Meanwhile sign up now to get the early bird price before midnight on Friday 2nd.