Grain free granola bars
Lightly chewy, sweet, grain free, nut and seed loaded with a mix of delicious dried fruit. These grain free granola bars are now a new weekly staple in our houses. We hope you love them as much as we do!
- 50 g of Almonds
- 50 g of Raw Cashew nuts
- 40 g of Sunflower seeds
- 30 g of pumpkin seeds
- 30 g 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 100 g 1/2 cup dried fruit (we used figs and unsulphured apricots) – cut into small pieces, with figs remove the hard tops first, could easily use currants or raisins instead
- 20 g of Goji Berries
- 4 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 40 g 1/4 cup 100% all natural almond butter (or sunflower to make nut free)
- 60 ml 1/4 cup maple syrup (or brown rice syrup)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp fine grain rock or sea salt
Place almonds, cashew nuts and sunflower seeds in the food processor and blitz until finely chopped.
Remove blended almonds, cashews and sunflower seeds and put in a large bowl
Chop the dried fruit into small pieces, with the figs remove the hard tops first, you could easily use currants or raisins here instead.
Add in the dried fruit, desiccated coconut and the pumpkin seeds, and mixed well
Combine the maple (or brown rice syrup) in a jug or bowl and combine with melted coconut oil and almond (or sunflower seed) butter along with vanilla extract.
Pour wet ingredients on top of the dry ingredients and stir well to combine. Place mixture in a 6- 8 inch square tray lined with baking parchment (depending on desired thickness..I used a 6 inch square loose bottom tin).
Place in the fridge to set for four hours before slicing. Store in a sealed tight container in the fridge for up to one week or freeze for up to one month.
Calories: 577kcalCarbohydrates: 39gProtein: 13gFat: 45gSaturated Fat: 19gPolyunsaturated Fat: 8gMonounsaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gSodium: 156mgPotassium: 616mgFiber: 8gSugar: 24gVitamin A: 9IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 143mgIron: 4mg
P r i n t R e c i p e