We’re keeping the 5 minute dinner train rolling this week with a delicious black bean curry. Curry’s are unlimited in their ability to be adapted to your own taste and liking.
1/2 red onion
2 cloves of garlic
1 and a half tsp of salt
1/2 grated carrot
1 tin of coconut milk
1/2 tbsp of vegetable stock
400ml of boiling water
2 tbs curry powder
1 handful of spinach
1 tin of butterbeans
1 tin of blackbeans
- Drain and rinse the tins of beans.
- Heat the oil on a high heat.
- Thinly slice the onion and garlic and add to the pan.
- Grate the carrot into the pan.
- Thinly slice the courgette and add to the pan, along with the salt, which will help to breakdown the veggies.
- Add the curry powder, vegetable stock, coconut milk and beans to the pan and cook for one minute (or more depending on the heat of your hob).
- Stir in the lemon juice and spinach. Cook until wilted.
- Finish with ½ tsp of chili flakes (adjust according to taste!).
- Enjoy on its own or with the grain of your choice. We love it with wholemeal couscous!