The most heavenly, moorish treat for all chocolate lovers, these simple cashew butter cups are as a sweet snack gets. Smooth, rich and melt-in-the-mouth delicious, go ahead and make a batch as they can be stored in the fridge until you’re ready to enjoy them again.
- 110g virgin coconut oil, melted
- 45g raw cacao powder or unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 105g pure maple syrup
For the Cashew Butter Filling:
- 125g smooth creamy cashew butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla powder
Fresh raspberries, to serve
- Lay out small cupcake cases on a large tray.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted coconut oil and cacao powder until smooth, then stir in the syrup until a smooth chocolate sauce forms. In a separate bowl, mix together the cashew butter and vanilla.
- Pour a thin layer of chocolate sauce into the bottom of each cupcake case. Place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to set, then remove from the freezer and divide the nut butter into each.
- Pour the remaining cacao mixture on top and place back into the freezer to set for 30 minutes. After 10-15 minutes, pop a raspberry on top of each cup and return them to the freezer.
- Serve chilled and store in the fridge as these cups will melt quite quickly at room temperature.
- Keep them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.