We are hiring an energetic and organised warehouse team member who will also be required to carry out driving duties.
Our warehouse in Pearville is open from 6am to 10pm Monday to Saturday. This role will be a minimum of 24 hrs per week and the candidate will be prepared to work a minimum of 3 days per week Monday to Saturday. The duties will be shared with one other team member
This role will include functions that relate to both warehouse operations and driving duties.
Each day a variety of tasks will need to be completed such as:
- Picking orders for our main customers and retail sites
- Receipting deliveries and keeping the warehouse clean and organised
- Delivering our products to our retail sites
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receipting Goods into the warehouse – comparing purchase orders to delivery dockets and checking deliveries for quantity, quality and temperature.
- Correctly recording deliveries in our stock management system and correctly labelling and storing goods in specified warehouse locations.
- Ensure the accurate and efficient picking of all sales orders for a variety of customers including but not limited to MRPI, Happy Pear outlets and food service customers.
- Clean and maintain work equipment and storage areas of the warehouse to ensure the highest standards of compliance with Health and Safety and Food Safety regulations.
- Ensure that the external areas of the site are kept clean and tidy at all times
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative and promote a culture of Continuous Improvement where workflows are challenged and improved to raise standards and improve efficiencies.
- Highlight & report any issues to the relevant departmental managers in a timely and accurate manner.
- Receiving finished goods from production units and storing same in the warehouse, ensuring that items are stored in an organised and accessible manner, and that stock is rotated in line with FIFO (First in first out) practices
- Ensure complete compliance with Stock Management System and verify inventory levels by comparing them to physical stock counts. Investigate discrepancies and highlight with relevant personnel.
- Determine proper storage methods/locations based on stock turnover and environmental factors within the capabilities of the facilities available.
- To drive the company vehicle in a safe, responsible manner to deliver Happy Pear products to our retail sites, HPP requirements and other deliveries as required by the business from time to time
- Loading, transporting, and delivering products to and from clients or businesses in a safe, timely manner
- To ensure the van is properly serviced, cleaned regularly and maintained in good working order at all times
- To comply with the Happy Pear Hygiene Code, Food Safety and Health and Safety requirements inside and outside Pearville.
- Be an ambassador for The Happy Pear Brand. Take a warm approach to the role, and live our brand values of Passion, Excellence, Authenticity, and Relationships
- Previous experience in a warehouse essential.
- Forklift Licence
- Full clean drivers license
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
- Strong work ethic and ‘Can Do’ attitude
- Willingness to be flexible and have an ability to adapt to a fast-changing environment
- Previous experience with Stock Management systems desirable
To apply for this role, please click here