Every year more and more houses have a vegetarian or vegan sitting at the Christmas table, it can be stressful for the cook who has only ever had to serve one diet as there’s a bit of change in the ritual that is Christmas dinner.
BUT WE’RE HERE TO HELP!!
Our 12 days of Christmas is here to take the stress out of feeding your loved ones this Christmas we’re going to upload a delicious vegan Christmas recipe every day for 12 days.
Whether the whole house is vegan or just yourself this will make for big smiles at the dinner
Ginger bread biscuits are a great festive snack and great to bake with kids as they love seeing their work as decorations on the tree!
- 225g white flour
- 100g coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp bicarb of soda
- 50 ml sunflower oil
- 100ml maple syrup
- 2 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius
- Add the flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, ground ginger, salt and bicarb of soda to a mixing bowl and mix together
- Make a well in the middle and add your sunflower oil, maple syrup and water and fold in to the dry ingredients and knead until a dough forms
- Dust a rolling pin, surface and your dough with some flour and roll out nice and flat- about a 1/2 cm high
- Make your shapes
- Bake in oven for about 20 mins
- Leave to cool for as long as you can and enjoy!